Wedding Ticker

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Engagement Picture Session 10.23.11

Finally got to get our engagement pictures done! We went to Alley Springs Mill in Eminence, Mo where my parents got married. It's a little town where my mom grew up so it had a lot of personal meaning to it. I was fortunate enough to have a very supportive photographer who agreed to travel the 4 hours just to shoot our photos. Jeremy & I left out Saturday morning to enjoy a weekend away together. We stayed at RiverEdge Resort and our room over looked the river. It was nice and cozy (except for the antique TV that Jeremy just couldn't get over!). We walked into town to get ice cream at my favorite place, the Dairy Shack, which is a place that my Aunt Connie actually used to own a long time ago and it was my mom's first job when she was 12. Then we walked down the strip to the grocery store to get water and went back to the hotel. Then we walked across the street to check out some western-like shops and then came back to rest for a while. Then later that evening we ate dinner with my grandmother and my great Aunt Lucille. I had a hard time sleeping since I was so excited about the next day! I just couldn't wait to get up and start getting ready. I woke up around 6am and started preparing for the day. We had to be out of our hotel by 11 and so we drove around town waiting for our photographer to arrive. I had a special request to photograph a few pictures with my grandfathers gravesite in his honor since he would obviously not be able to be at my wedding. That was where we started first. I had an idea in my head of what I wanted the pictures to look like but as soon as we got there, Rick had an even better idea. He saw that our reflection showed through the granite and thought it would be a perfect picture-and that it was! Then we took some at the outhouses by the church then drove over to the Mill. As the day went on so many people started showing up and didn't seem to notice or care that we were doing an engagement session and kept getting in the way of our background. Fortunately enough, we were still able to get some really good photos of the beautiful water and the mill and even a few at the school house. The website with our engagement session is listed below. We are so happy about how they turned out and can't wait to show them to everyone. We hope you enjoy them as much as we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment